Dandruff can sometimes be such a nuisance. It is a condition that a vast number of people have been suffering from. And yet, there is hope because this condition can be treated by following some of the most useful tips.
Dandruff consists of visible flakes of skin that is continually being shed from the scalp and it is caused by the following factors: skin oil secretions, metabolic by products of skin micro organisms such as Malassezia, which is a type of yeast, and lastly, a person’s susceptibility for this condition. It is such a common condition that there are many products that are currently available in the market to help in controlling it.
DANDRUFF CARE TIPS AND TRICKS
1. Use a soft, natural bristle brush. This distributes the oil evenly. If oil remains on a certain area, there’s a possibility for the yeast to grow.
2. Use shampoos that have anti-yeast containing medications. Shampoos containing substances such as ketoconazole and selenium sulfide fight the yeast infections and will definitely keep you flake free! Use it at least every other day during the first week, two times a week for the next 2 to 4 weeks and once a week after that.
3. Never use ordinary soap to wash hair. They don’t contain properties that are essential in taking care of the scalp and hair.
4. When it clears, avoid using the dandruff shampoo daily. This contains such strong substances that it might cause irritation. Use this product at least once a week. When I was younger I used this shampoo each day. (At first it definitely removed the flakes from my hair, but with continued use, I felt that it went back again. If I only knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t have subjected my hair and scalp to such harsh substances.)
4. Moderate and severe forms are caused by the scalp being oily. Avoid using greasy substances on your hair such as oil treatments.
5. Consuming alcohol and fried, spicy food. They don’t contain the necessary nutrients that are needed for your hair and scalp to grow healthy.
5. Massage your hair using coconut oil with the juice of one lemon. Getting a massage relaxes you and it also improves the blood circulation on your scalp as well. This concoction is a natural way for you to be able to remove your flakes.
6. When using a dye, try not to apply it on the scalp. They contain properties that can kill normal bacteria. This normal bacterium is responsible for keeping yeast infections at bay. This is similar to yogurt having good bacteria that is able to keep your intestines healthy.
7. Use yogurt as a hair conditioner. Yogurt contains good bacteria that can combat yeast infection. It also has amazing properties that can condition your hair very well. All you have to do is to wash and rinse your hair, apply the yogurt and work your way into the scalp. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse. Use plain yogurt.
8. After a shower, dry your hair naturally. Blow dryers tend to irritate the scalp. If you really love to dry your hair using a blow dryer, point it as far away from your hair as much as possible.
9. Stress causes more flakes to occur. It lowers down the immune system, which therefore gives the yeast more freedom to wreak havoc on your scalp.
10. Visit your doctor. If at-home treatments and over the counter medications don’t work, even after 6 weeks, it may be caused by another disease. Check with your doctor if this occurs.
Dandruff is a condition that is definitely treatable. It is a sign that we need to keep our hair healthy and strong. By following these above mentioned tips, we can hopefully take out every flake in every hair one person at a time.