There are a lot of lip scrubs that are currently available in the market that promise to leave you with smooth and smooch worthy lips. Those products are effective but they can be a little pricey. For those who don’t want to invest on a pricey lip scrub, you can actually make your own scrub that is also proven to be just as good.
I am going to share with you two homemade lip scrub recipes that you should definitely try at home. Here they are:
EASY-TO-DO SUGAR SCRUB
You will need:
Raw Organic Sugar
1. Grab a teaspoon of the raw sugar and place it on a plate.
2. Add a few drops of water until it forms a paste.
3. Add a few drops of olive oil.
4. Grab some of the scrub and proceed with exfoliating your lips. This will get rid of dead skin cells. Make sure to exfoliate gently.
5. After exfoliating, remove the excess scrub by wiping it with a tissue (or you can lick it off).
6. Apply a dab of olive oil on your lips to keep your pucker from getting dry.
HONEY LIP SCRUB
You will need:
1. In a small bowl, combine one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of olive oil.
2. Apply the mixture on your lips.
3. Allow the mixture to absorb for a few minutes.
4. Rub your lips gently to remove the dead skin cells.
5. Rinse with warm water.
6. Dab your lips with olive oil for added moisture.
These homemade lip scrubs can surely give you the same effectiveness as you would with the ones that are sold commercially! Use these recipes once or twice a week and don’t forget to keep your lips moisturized in order to prevent them from chapping.