Dark underarms are a cause of embarrassment among women. Many of them refrain from wearing sleeveless tops because they don’t want to be humiliated when someone sees them. However, there are easy tips that will be able to help you eliminate nasty underarms. It is also important to note that the best way to avoid having this dilemma is to prevent it from happening.
What exactly causes dark underarms?
1. There is too much residue. We use antiperspirants/deodorants to prevent excess sweating and nasty smells, especially when it’s too hot or when we do a lot of physical activity. However, using it everyday can leave residue on your underarms (antiperspirants stick onto the skin more), which eventually makes it appear dark. Make sure to exfoliate your underarms everyday in order to avoid residue.
2. Shaving causes darkening. It is normal for hairs to grow so that is why there is a possibility for underarms to darken as well. Shaving cuts the hair on the surface of the skin only, and it makes your underarms appear darker since it casts a shadow all over the skin. Waxing is a much preferred hair removal method because it removes the roots. It also saves you from having ingrown hair. For people who are desperate enough to remove their underarm hair, they can always opt for a laser hair removal. This procedure removes the hair permanently, and will thus greatly lighten the underarm.
3. Hyper pigmentation. If shaving and residue aren’t the culprits, then you might be suffering from hyper pigmentation. This can be hereditary. If you have this problem, you can consult your doctor for any possible treatments such as whitening creams that can help you solve this problem.
TIPS TO GET RID OF DARK UNDERARMS
1. Don’t wear tight clothes because they tend to irritate the skin, therefore causing your underarms to darken.
2. Lemon contains substances that help lighten your underarms. Rub lemon slices into your armpits, and let the skin absorb its citrusy goodness.
3. Use clothes that are made from cotton instead of ones with synthetic fibers. Cotton lets your skin breath.
4. In a bowl, mix 1 tsp. of lemon juice, 1 1/4 tsp. (1/2, if it’s really dark) of turmeric powder, 1 tsp. of olive oil, and 1 tsp of coconut milk. Leave it on your armpits for 15 minutes and wash it off. This recipe will definitely help lighten your underarms!
5. Exfoliate your underarms using a pumice stone. Rub it gently.
Remember that dark underarms have their own causes. We weren’t born with dark underarms (unless you have hereditary hyperpigmentation). A lot of factors has caused it to appear the way it is, but with these tips and a little TLC, your underarms will surely return to its former, flawless glory!
Image Source(s): Tumblr